"Click" on any title in RED below
- - - - -
Polio and COVID - Perspectives during a Pandemic
- What it's Like to Survive Through Two Pandemics - From Rotary International
- For Those of us who Survived Polio - COVID-19 is Eerily Familiar - Ultimately, Science Won
Polio History (Articles are Alphabetical)
A Crippling Fear: Experiencing Polio in the Era of FDR *(c) by Daniel J. Wilson, PhD
African-Americans, Polio, and Racial Segregation by Daniel J. Wilson, PhD.
An Interview that tells the story of Living with Post-Polio Syndrome Thank you CBC News (Canada)
And They Shall Walk - Ideal Versus Reality * (c) by Daniel J. Wilson, PhD.
Braces, Wheelchairs and Iron Lungs *(c) by Daniel J. Wilson, PhD
Comment: On the Borderland of Medical and Disability History *(c) by Daniel J. Wilson, PhD
From Polio Patient to Polio Voice by Daniel J. Wilson, PhD
From Polio Victim to Vaccine Advocate From Unicef, USA
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Learn to Love Technology (From Post-Polio Health International)*(c)
Polio Cases During the 1954 Salk Vaccine Trials by Daniel J. Wilson, PhD
Polio - The Pain and the Progress: In honor of the 100th anniversary of the largest epidemic in the US.
Whatever Happened to Polio? (A series of articles from the Smithsonian)
- The American Epidemics - Communities, Families and Individuals, the Medical Community
- How Polio Changed Us - the Legacy, Roosevelt and the March of Dimes, the Role of Technology
- The Virus and the Vaccine - What is Polio? Will the Vaccines Work?
- Polio Today - Will there always be Polio? Immunizations, Cold Chain, Eradication